The New Brunswick Nurses Union invites applications to fill a permanent, full-time position for a labour relations officer. The position is located at NBNU Provincial Office, in Fredericton, NB, with travel expected throughout the province.
The successful applicant will provide a full range of labour relations services to the membership, including collective agreement administration, as well as, providing assistance and advice to the membership on such issues as pension, benefits, worker compensation and duty to accommodate.
|Nurse||Labour Relations Expert|
|· Registered Nurse with minimum of five years related experience in New Brunswick
· Broad experience in labour relations with NBNU as a local activist or at provincial level
|· University degree in related field (e.g. Industrial Relations, Human Resources) with a minimum five years progressively responsible labour relations experience in a complex, unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Current Certified Human Resources Professional Designation considered an asset
· Previous experience gained in a unionized health care environment (preferred)
- Highly developed and demonstrable analytical/interpretive and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work individually, and as part of a team, with strong leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and time management skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation, conflict resolution, negotiation and presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, preferably in both official languages
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail, internet, and employee information systems
Salary: Commensurate with experience, qualifications and staff collective agreement.
|Applicants are asked to forward their resume in confidence to:
|Matt Hiltz, Executive Director
New Brunswick Nurses Union
103 Woodside Lane
Fredericton, NB E3C 2R9
The deadline for applications is: April 28, 2017
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration with be contacted.Return home